Belviq for Medical Weight Loss
• Belviq is used to treat obesity but also improves blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
• Belviq affects chemicals in the brain that affect appetite; therefore, it helps with cravings and feeling full even when eating less.
• It's intended for adults with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or greater, or adults with a BMI of 27 or greater with at least one condition like high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, or high cholesterol.
• It's one tablet taken twice a day with or without food.
• Clinical trial involving 7,190 people showed that 47.1% individuals taking Belviq in addition to diet and exercise lost 5% or more of their weight in comparison to 22.6% of placebo group who only followed diet and exercise.
• In clinical trials involving 604 overweight individuals with Diabetes Type 2, 37.5% of people taking Belviq lost 5% or more of their body weight in comparison to 16.1% of placebo group.
• Individuals who lost weight with Belviq were able to maintain the weight loss up to 2 years.
• Common side effects: headache, nausea, dry mouth, constipation, dizziness, fatigue.
• Majority of health insurances do cover Belviq and patients' will not pay more than $75 per prescription.
TAKE ACTION AND ASK YOUR PROVIDER ABOUT STARTING BELVIQ!!